View Single Post
Old 08.09.2013, 04:31 PM   #143
Christina Carter
empty page

Christina Carter kicks all y'all's assesChristina Carter kicks all y'all's assesChristina Carter kicks all y'all's assesChristina Carter kicks all y'all's assesChristina Carter kicks all y'all's assesChristina Carter kicks all y'all's assesChristina Carter kicks all y'all's assesChristina Carter kicks all y'all's assesChristina Carter kicks all y'all's assesChristina Carter kicks all y'all's assesChristina Carter kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
I am not speaking this way because of gender; I speak this way because I see both of these musicians as "guitar as sound source" players rather than "guitarists."

I have seen Christina do one set that was very good.
I have almost always made a point not to comment on what I consider to be inaccuracies about my music in public forums or articles etc., however in this instance the issue is too important to me to refrain.

The idea that the guitar is, for me, merely a sound source or a means to an end, and that I do not consider myself a guitarist is a fundamental misperception of my attitude and approach to music. The guitar has been my actively chosen instrument for the past 20 some odd years: one that I have developed my own way of playing on. Yes, a technique, or techniques.

Although I have never been interested in developing a way of playing that enables me to replicate others' style, songs, or enables me to freely drop into more conventional playing situations, I consider the guitar to be singular to my expression. And, I have been dedicated to developing my 'craft' as a guitarist. I think the body of my work with Charalambides, and especially solo, bears this out.

I'm not offended by this misperception. I just think it should be corrected.
Christina Carter is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|