View Single Post
Old 05.09.2009, 04:15 PM   #397
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
my first listening had me thinking that at least this one has life in it and oh man, why should i have to try in order to like a sonic youth album.

anti-orgasm got my attention instantly and of course when massage the history got in, i was pleased because its divine and thought of the song as separate, not part of the album.

with the 2nd listening though, i was hooked. i havent stopped listening. its the 2nd day now.
im really enjoying it, but i dont share the enthusiasm. yet. im happy for the people who do.
i dont relate to it resembling atl, nor it being better than atl or other albums mentioned here.
they use all the good old sonic sounds, the rocky and poppy ones. the sonic complexity and the sound and feeling change within a song isnt much used. like in washing machine or atl for example.

but i cant stop listening to it.
apart from 2-3 favourate songs, i cant put the rest in an order yet. i like them almost the same, but i like them. antenna seemed to me the weakest one when it starts, but then thurston does a turn in his singing and its short of nice and i dont press the skip button.

i wanted to do at least 7 quotes in agreeing manner, but it would be uneconomical. also i wanted to listen to nurse and rr, which i dont remember at all, before i wrote smth here. i didnt.
nurse was flat (with good compositions), this isnt, but i hear a connection.

overall, i m glad with the new album.

your posts got soul.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|