View Single Post
Old 08.27.2008, 10:02 PM   #23
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Isn't this just another version of the thread "what band do you not like that everyone else does?" Or the thread "a band you feel like you're supposed to like but you don't?" Or any other variation of that?... Oh well. Anyway, I dunno, the people who said the Smiths and Radiohead... the fact is, those two bands just aren't that great... They have some great stuff, but all in all, it doesn't seem weird at all that you'd dislike them... they're not very consistent bands. Like, that's why I'm not going to list the Cure; I don't feel weird about disliking them, even people that love them will probably admit they're not a very consistent band...

A lot of people have told me I'm weird for disliking AIDS Wolf, even though I like lots of similiar bands. I just think they're shitty songwriters... just really boring to me...

I dunno. I guess the biggest one on my list is Black Flag. I can get into some of their songs but as a whole, I find them to be unbelievably boring. Greg Ginn will do something really creative and interesting on guitar and then do endless "jazzy" solos that sound like shit. The songs all feel very bereft of energy when they should be energetic -- it always sounds like the whole band is about to fall apart but in a bad way (not in a good way like old Husker Du). Anyway, I've listened to just about everything they've done and the only one I can sorta get into is something that was called "'82 Demos" or something like that. A LOT of people who have similiar tastes as me love this band... I just feel like there's something there I really am not hearing... eh?

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|