View Single Post
Old 10.25.2014, 08:57 PM   #1294
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
judging by the singles we've gotten so far, i should expect no more than a mediocre album.

however the diehard Weezy fan in me keeps hoping for a classic.

but at this point i should probably know better. Wayne gives us what we need, not what we want.

You're kinda comparing him to Batman, and something about that rubs me wrong.

Wayne gives the public what they want. He gives us (hip-hop fans of Cafe level devotion and intellect) what we may want in the short-term (new albums, a club banger here and there that isn't shit) but hasn't given us what we need in a long time.

And he's starting to be written off by more and more of the general population. Honestly, I still have a die hard wayne fan in me as well, but if this album is another predictable excercise in mediocrity, I'm gonna start feeling like he doesn't deserve fans like us.

Pains me to say it, but Wayne is inches away from complete irrelevance. I wish him the best, and hold out hope that the album is a win.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|