View Single Post
Old 01.23.2017, 12:34 PM   #97
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
It really doesn't matter. I don't LOVE Trent Reznor as much as guest hates him, so he has stronger feelings about this than I do. Trying to think of an artist I hate like that... can't.

Well, there is Drake. I dislike him very strongly. I hate his face, I hate his voice, I hate his exploitation of artists via his OVO "label," and his weird "co-signing" pyramid scheme of success.

I hate the fact that he considers himself a musical ** auteur, who is somehow elevating hip-hop and R&B when in reality he's just appropriating the styles and sounds of others, and making really bland music with it at that. I also hate that he acts as thi He he has overcome some massive obstacle to be famous and rich, when, point of favt, he literally always has been, almost like the less talented Miley Cyrus of hip-hop.

But... I myself have gone through periods of enjoying at least some of one of his albums. I hate him and what he stands for, but if someone said, "I'm listening to If You're Reading This It's Too Late," I would probably just scroll right past it. And I probably wouldn't have given a shit about guest's initial comment, but it seems like I've heard that kind of thing from him before (maybe I'm mistaken?), and I decided to make an example out of it.
So that was my screw up. I obviously think guest has pretty goddamn incredible taste in music, and I think he's an exceptionally bright person. Honestly, that was my first thought when I read that he was 21. Not that I only think he's smart for a 21-year-old. He's obviously very smart for anyone.

Anyway, is this over yet? At least the bickering part?

** Maybe this is kind of a common ground, guest.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|