View Single Post
Old 10.14.2009, 10:27 PM   #27
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead
your opinion on BD is terrible and probably not well-thought-out

I got into Black Dice back in 2001. So, I've been listening to them for 8 years now. Beaches and Canyons is where I think they reached their peak; classic record, definitely. I have heard everything they've done times one hundred. Probably listened to them, combined, more than you have (just taking a guess here, mind you), and have seen them live once. Their last few albums are the worst shit I've ever heard in my entire life. 3 boring guys with 3 boring samplers doing random, boring, nearly-unlistenable bullshit. That being said, "Manoman" is a fun song, from their more recent stuff, as it avoids most of what makes them vomit-inducing. Their music makes me feel physically ill, it's so bad. Yeah, that's probably the "point" but eh... That song is really good though, I was actually quite shocked by it, and I decided to give their stuff a chance again... But alas... still just random-ass fart sounds. You know the monkeys with the typewriters analogy? I'd say 3 monkeys with Fruity Loops could produce better stuff than Black Dice, given about an hour.

I totally "get" what they're doing, but I think they're quite awful, nothing really to latch onto besides a few interesting noises here or there, but obviously playing with a sampler, you're going to produce something cool, occasionally. Now that I'm thinking about it, they actually might be one of the most boring bands ever, all things considered. Ugh.

They probably sound cool on acid, though.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|