View Single Post
Old 11.22.2014, 03:32 PM   #1404
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I remember one guy who didn't step on MCHG...

@Louder, yup! I really finally got into Ross BECAUSE of all his cameos. "John" and "Accident Murderers" and "Monster" all blew me away.

His verse on "Monster" starts out with a bang, but because it's only like.... 4 measures at a 4/4; 8 at 2/2? it doesn't have a lot of time to kick ass, and the last measure ("...Kanye West samples / here's one for example..) really kinda blows. Probably the weakest lyric on MBDTF.

Especially since what follows is not a Kanye sample, but a proper verse.
The rest of his short cameo is goddamn incredible, though.

But I think his contribution to "Devil In A New Dress" is probably his finest moment, if not his most iconic. His voice just goes so damn well with that track's spacey blend of tension-building relief, spacey imagery and almost classical melody... He makes that track stand out, and without Ro$$, it would probably be the album's most skippable track.

It really is a good set-up for runaway.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|