View Single Post
Old 06.30.2007, 05:58 AM   #76
Gulasch Noir
the end of the ugly

Gulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's asses
I smoke and I wouldn't mind a ban.

States don't only exist to guarantee everyone's freedom, but also to prevent everyone from harm and to give protection to their inhabitants (also the US). Basic rights in its liberal occurrence (freedom from the state) were established in the 18 th century, but time moved on since then. While liberal basic rights are still in force, efforts nowadays are largely directed towards strengthen social, cultural and economic basic rights. I think you have to consider the involved interests and must not allow the freedom (in this case the freedom to smoke) a sacrosanct significance within the system of constitutional principles.

If there's freedom to smoke I demand a freedom to fart and a freedom to scratch my ball hair anytime I want to too. I think that's pretty comparable.
Gulasch Noir is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|