View Single Post
Old 09.10.2013, 03:29 PM   #867
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Wow. Let's Get Free was a long time ago, man. Great album, but I feel bad for you that you've found so little to enjoy about hip hop over the last many many years. I can see you're into more "seriously serious" shit, which is cool. I have gone through phases of that myself.

I love the spiritual element that is a constant in Priest's work, and this album is full of it. Deeply philosophical and meditative. It's very "Wu" sounding in places, and very much it's own thing on others. Shit, why this album has gone under the radar for so many of us is beyond me. Definitely a year-end list top 5 contender.

Again, helps put some of the years's other mi tapes into perspective.

Thanks for the lead.

You misunderstand. Lets Get Free is perhaps the most meaningful, substantive, and deep hip-hop record of all time. Easily in the all-time top5 for conscious rap with substance. Its not that I haven't listened to any rap or hip hop since Lets Get Free, its that in all honesty, I can't think of a single record with as much substance and meaning that has come out SINCE then aside from The Psychic World of Walter Reed, and if anything, Killah Priest may have just topped it. Again, I dare say TPWOWR may just be the most meaningful rap album of ALL TIME, I mean seriously, list me five equally or more substantive records to come out in the past 15-20 years?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|