View Single Post
Old 09.10.2013, 06:35 AM   #865
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Its missing the immediacy, but only because it feels more like a Conclusion which takes time. TPWOWR seems like a Confession from Killah Priest, a culmination of all that he has done and believed since his in your face introduction. Yes Yeezus feels like its more immediate, and Twelve Reeasons feels like it drags you in fast, but TPWOWR has substance, depth, and meaning, which transcends well beyond just about any other hip-hop record I've listened to since Dead Prez Lets Get Free. Seriously, I'm debating in myself if its not just the best record of the year, but one of the best hip-hop records of all-time.

Wow. Let's Get Free was a long time ago, man. Great album, but I feel bad for you that you've found so little to enjoy about hip hop over the last many many years. I can see you're into more "seriously serious" shit, which is cool. I have gone through phases of that myself.

I love the spiritual element that is a constant in Priest's work, and this album is full of it. Deeply philosophical and meditative. It's very "Wu" sounding in places, and very much it's own thing on others. Shit, why this album has gone under the radar for so many of us is beyond me. Definitely a year-end list top 5 contender.

Again, helps put some of the years's other mi tapes into perspective.

Thanks for the lead.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|