View Single Post
Old 11.30.2018, 12:13 AM   #50257
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
Year Zero, by Nine Inch Nails.

Fuck you, it's underrated.

Absolutely! One of Trent's best (though I'd probably say that about every NIN album). Tracks like Me, I'm Not and My Violent Heart retain his trademark harrowing sensibilities while being awfully catchy. Also love the 'glitchiness' of the entire album - back in 2007 that was far less common. Also songs like Capital G and God Given are just as relevant now as they were during the US's Bush era.

I remember Trent leaking songs from Year Zero by leaving flash drives in the bathroom stalls of venues he'd play. It was pretty damn clever. A shame that the mini-series based off of the album's concept never took form.

It's no Fragile or Broken EP, but def. underrated overall.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|