View Single Post
Old 10.26.2015, 05:28 PM   #47405
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
I'm not picking on her. I feel sort of bad for her. I'm talking about her style, which she picked up from somewhere else.

Regina Spektor, that Feist chick, Sharon Van Etten, even Kate Nash with the accent: they all sound very similar.

To my ears, they're struggling to channel Billie Holiday. I never told anyone they had my permission to try this.

I don't really know most of those chicks apart from Regina Spektor, whose music I know very little about. I'm sure you're right and you get a lot of dudes trying to sound like the Pavement singer too. It's just as bad. Also, how much can you do with a voice, really?
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|