View Single Post
Old 05.23.2008, 03:31 AM   #52
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air

The reality is that the post-punk and slacker generations are now becoming a middle age and middle income demographic. I remember a few years ago driving home and listening to NPR and they were talking about Wire on All Things Considered and thinking, wait a minute, they used to talk about Joni Mitchel, but now they've figured out I'm out here listening, and I'm a demographic. Such is life. Indie culture is relatively mainstream these days. Rolling Stone reviews bands and compares them to Big Black even though when Big Black was around they completely ignored their existence.

maybe its just that the people who are now running Rolling Stone / NPR (is that a radio station?) are into good decent music, and so are pushing that because of the position they're in. Its not allways "big corporation bad. little man good"
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|