View Single Post
Old 04.15.2014, 04:21 PM   #17987
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Haha.

Zulu Dawn is good but the first one, Zulu, (Zulu Dawn is a prequel) is one of my all-time fave war film. It was actually quite progressive for its time and certainly wasn't the jingoistic 'Britain vs the savages' propaganda some now dismiss it as. The irony is that Zulu Dawn was apparently made to correct Zulu's supposed racism but what its producers didn't realise was that it wasn't a pro-British film at all so much as a kind of tribute to the idea of the soldier in both cultures. And still has perhaps the greatest final battle sequence ever filmed. Highly recommended.

i've watched zulu a couple of times, great war movie, i like it, starts alfie, whatsisname, michael something, but i liked the movie more the first time, so when i got it again, all excited, i realized the zulus were faceless creatures. literally, a mass of spear-wielding negros that chant and play drums in the distance, putting fear into the mind of whitey-- but no personalities that i recall. i think it's racist in that sense-- in that the zulus are subordinate and accessory to the british story. you could have replaced the zulu army with a plague of locust or a wildebeest stampede and it would have been the same-- english heroics vs. "an overpowering force of nature." so yes, the english are humans and the zulus are nature.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|