View Single Post
Old 05.03.2007, 02:02 PM   #9
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I think Xenakis may well have been one of those people who was far too clever for his own good. He is very good, but some of his scores (or scordurata, or whatever) are utterly perverse. More so than a lot of 'visual' scores, I'd like some large copies of Xenakis' scores for my walls.

Virtuosity isn't terribly important to me. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't. Bit of a damp-squib response, but there you. I will say I think the notion is often beneficial to 'classical' music but detrimental to other forms, especially rock music. Within the context of rock music, I either love virtuosity for perverse reasons (Vai, Malmsteen) or when they elide the technical skill (Bailey, Haino).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|