View Single Post
Old 08.13.2015, 10:13 AM   #47157
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Ok, I can see you heart's in the right place here, but I believe the language barrier is just too great, and I think you have really misunderstood me in the past.

Regarding the possible broken rib? I don't remember that conversation well enough to recall how you were involved, but I was definitely not trying to imply that you or anyone else was "stupid," ok? I don't think you're stupid. Not a little bit, not a lot, not at all. I think that your ability to communicate as well as you do with a bunch of folks whose first language is English is evidence of a very capable mind.

Do you understand? I actually think you're very smart.

When "Rebecca" had the possible broken rib, I just chimed in to backup what Symbols was saying, and to share some of the medical knowledge that I've amassed over the course of a lifetime of surgeries, car accidents, broken bones and pain problems. I just wanted "Rebecca" to get his ass to the hospital and not self-medicate with illegally purchased pain medications. I just felt that he situation required a serious response because someone else's health was at stake.

I don't remember saying anything about you, but again, if I gave offense, I apologize. It was not my intention.

One thing that bothers me is that I feel like you somehow think that I don't like you, or that I am mean to you... Or that we are somehow at odds with one another. This is not how I see things at all. I think you've misinterpreted my jokes and gentle ribbing, and taken them as actual insults. I know we don't have the same exact taste in music, but I would never insult you for that. Not in a serious way. In English, sometimes friends speak to one another with a great deal of ironic sarcasm... It's something that definitely occurs in other cultures, and I've personally engaged in this kind of banter in Spanish and even French, but I don't believe friendly English slang and sarcasm translates very well into written conversation in any language. It's a matter of vocal tone and and approach that really only works in person or over the phone.

Sorry to ramble, but I feel like I've tried to say this to you before, and that I've been unsuccessful... I want you to understand once and for all that I actually like you, and that I don't speak down to you deliberately. If I have ever offended you, it's actually because I like you enough to joke with you. But if my delivery or my vocabulary or my own estimation of your ability to understand nuanced English has been off the mark, misleading or confusing to you then that's MY fault and it's a result of my own limitations (or my own stupidity) and not yours.

Am I making sense here?
Well I think you misunderstood that Rebecca thing. At first when youīre talking about that stroke I just wrongly thought you were talking about that broken rib and thought I was Rebecca. But soon I understood it was just your "joke" about that I am not very fond of Radiohead.

I think this all is connecting that earlier discussing about eighties and that wondering how I was so unaware of eighties US alternative scene. Yes, you were not the one who said my thoughts about eighties dumb. But I think you are now avoiding one main thing I throw to you. You have given me advices what to listen and yes, there has been good advices. But you havenīt taken any advices from me, at least you havenīt ever talk here anything what I have recommend to you or somebody else. I think good discuss of music is equal.

Maybe the result of this all is, that we just donīt have anything to give each other musically, so the conversation between us is quite useless. I have been here just to talk about music. I remember we have some great discuss about Waits, but I donīt remember any other.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|