View Single Post
Old 12.18.2010, 12:10 PM   #9
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Things got going pretty much on time last night at St Marks, Santa was our MC and kept things moving along. The 3 poets were fine, they read about 10 mins each was suitable, Stacy Szymaszck's work really pleased me, her poems are extremely nonlinear but feature a wonderful and playful grasp of the English language-images hurtle past and they seem to relate to the one before and the one after but maybe not at all! I suspect these poems need to be heard spoken aloud to really hit home.

About 11 pm the quartet took their seats, starting quietly and shimmering, the band slowly escalated the situation into some bold and dominating drones before descending to a more calm and quiet place 35 mins later...Lettimore was the wild card for me, and while she's not Zeena Parkins, she held up her end of the playfield and made some good obvious sound. Samara seemed in many ways to be the backbone of the sound, with Thuston and Nace's guitars sliding around her playing-I did have 4 rows of people in front of me and couldn't really see the players much. While well attended, not the mob scene I expected to find.
I shoulda got a Philly ticket duh!
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|