View Single Post
Old 08.07.2008, 12:04 AM   #30
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Too well, imo. He's like a copy of Richards, both in personality and playing style. What makes the Taylor-Richards era so great is that they had different strengths that perfectly complemented one another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
oh no no. keith and ronnie compliment each other, the weaving thing they do. and they're best mates. but they are completely different people, believe me, i have so many DVDs...

Keith made sure with Ronnie that he would no longer be upstaged.

But don't get me wrong. I love Keith's style from the best days...there's so much to appreciate.
And Taylor was sometimes too much...sometimes he's not feeling it live or he's feeling it intermittently.

Taylor could play and spontaneously compose stuff Keith will never be able to play, but Richards is an undisputed master of simple rock creativity.

The Richards/Taylor guitar duo is integral to all their best albums though.

I kinda think the only one with Wood that's really good is Black and Blue, the first one he played on.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|