View Single Post
Old 05.12.2017, 11:20 AM   #40301
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Dang dood. 3 jobs. Are they like freelancing jobs? I know you just got a promotion n stuff....but what are they other two if you don't mind me asking

One of them is still technically freelancing for the moment — but not *real* freelancing because I do it *for* my company exclusively. But yeah it's 1099 shit. Prior to this I had two "jobs," and one was the freelance gig and the other was regular. I did work for both "jobs" in the same place at the same time though, so... very hard to explain. Basically my company didn't want to give me full bennies. Oh hey that was actually easy!

Now I've taken on a second role that's also included in my regular salary. Mgmt is currently trying to figure out how to get me into a position where that formerly freelance writing gets done without wearing me out or having to pay overtime, but for now I'm doing all three things and working a fuck ton and it's super confusing.

We need to hire a new freelancer, make my feature writing part of my regular pay, and distribute some of my other duties to some of our part-timers. Then they need to bring me a proposed new wage for the new hybrid-position. It's going to take a while, though, I fear.

They kinda offered me the job before they had a transition plan in place.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|