View Single Post
Old 12.22.2006, 04:55 PM   #14
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleypumpkin
I'll admit that the talent level wasn't up to par as people claim they were. George was a minimal lead guitarist, John, although the wisest of all, was a minimal guitar player, Paul WAS a brilliant musician/songwriter, & Ringo wasn't to great of a drummer (I think we can all admit that), but there have been better bass players since his arrival. Somehow, they took whatever talent they had, & added , in the later years, a certain type of intelligence & wisdom in their music. So for that I don't think they're overrated.

The problem with that article is that the person obviously has no appreciation of anything other than boorish soloing. I don't like the Beatles, but their technical proficiency is utterly a moot point. I love the Shaggs to the point where they bring me to tears, and they can't play for shit. Technical proficiency = shit criticism. The Beatles weren't terribly adept soloists, but they were writing relatively sophisticated songs. Still don't like them, but I wouldn't criticise them on that level. In fact, I don't have a teneble argument against them, except for the personal fact of my never having liked them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|