View Single Post
Old 03.11.2011, 11:11 PM   #14307
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Have I ever talked about FUNERAL PROCESSION OF ROSES? Definitely in my top 15 films ever, and probably my biggest influence in the films I directed (besides Hopper's OUT OF THE BLUE, Godard's PIERROT LE FOU, Mike Leigh's NAKED, and obviously all of Shuji Terayama's films, especially THROW AWAY YOUR BOOKS AND RALLY IN THE STREETS, and PASTORAL TO DIE IN THE COUNTRY -- all hugely inspirational, great films I highly reccomend).

While it's never been available as a "real" DVD in the u.s., bootlegs and torrents are pretty eas yto find. You might be interested to know that it was one of Kubrick's favorite films and he directed A CLOCKWORK ORANGE based on FUNERAL PROCESSION OF ROSES (which also goes under the title FUNERAL PARADE OF ROSES).

Toshio Matsumoto was just an amazing director, he also made the film SHURA, which is the bleakest film ever.. then, there is DOGURA MAGURA, which took me forever to find a copy of. And it's bleak and visually impressive. he is mainly known for his shorts, inclduing PHANTOM, which is my favorite short of all time.

Anyway, see FUNERAL PROCESSION OF ROSES asap, but only if you want your mind blown by a pretty clear-cut 10/10 film.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|