View Single Post
Old 12.16.2016, 12:31 PM   #20233
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
My wife grew up watching old classic hollywood films and not much of the modern stuff, so she had never seen the star wars OG 3. We ended up watching them a year or so ago and she enjoyed them a lot but she FREAKED OUT when Darth Vader took his mask off and he was not James Earl Jones. She has gone her entire life thinking James Earl Jones actually played the physical role of Darth Vader!!! she could not understand why he was white.... hahahahha. I had t explain it all

Haha! That's purty goddamn funny. If you're anything like me, Darth Vader has been in your life since toddlerhood. Such an iconic figure. I'll bet it was kind of a shocker for you, since that character is about as universal as the lineup of the Beatles to folks like us. Haha.

She overestimated the cultural awareness of Hollywood in the '70s and '80s if she believed the hero would be the son of a biracial union though. Anyway... lolz.

I'm super excited about Rogue One based on what you've said though. I too have a hard time with IMAX sometimes (dizzy spells, disorientation, etc. is always just around the corner for lifelong migraine sufferers like me), and I haven't seen a 3D movie since Jaws 3D (derp!). I have no real interest in any of that pop and fizzle shit, but I am now PUMPED to see it on a standard screen some lazy afternoon in the near future.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|