View Single Post
Old 03.10.2016, 11:04 AM   #1068
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Oh, and also... uhh... fuck... well, I'll just say it:

Kanye West is STILL WORKING on TLOP mixes.

Here's an "article" from you-know-who

... Shrugs...

So maybe I was wrong to pressure NR to man up and listen to the goddamn album already, and maybe NR was right to stay away for fear that the "product" wasn't finished. Maybe.

it's silly, right?

Quote:
Still no hope for a CD/vinyl release, as yet, which I can't say doesn't piss me off, but as I've said before, any new Kanye music is cause for celebration for me. I hope he comes around to at least putting the thing on iTunes and Spotify so people who are on the fence about the whole Tidal thing can, you know, hear the motherfucking album without breaking the motherfucking law.

this is my thing. Yeah.

I realized this whole TIDAL ONLY thing rubs me the same wrong way that Once Upon A Time In Shaolin did. It's artists who seem to think that buying their album is A PRIVILEGE and I should bend over backwards to give them MY money on THEIR terms. No. Dudes. Let's break it down: you are selling a product. I want to buy it. Let's make it happen.

Again, T-Swift not wanting to be on Spotify I can at least understand. You're boycotting one specific outlet for a specific reason. Even artists who make their shit exclusives to one retailer for a week or month or whatever - fine. But when you're saying "sorry, I know this is America but I'm stripping away your choice of where you want to do your business," that's when I think you just look like an asshole.

If it were a CD (or even mp3's) that I could only buy from kanyewest.com I'd even understand that. No middle man. But what this amounts to is I have to sign up for a gym membership to hear this album... and I don't have any desire to go to that gym. (BTW, am I right to assume that after the 30 dial trial... you can't have the album anymore right? Like, Kanye's asking you to pay AGAIN every month for as long as you want access to his album?)