View Single Post
Old 07.17.2009, 07:57 AM   #14
reginald
stalker

reginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrome noise tape

"Goo" was Sonic Youth's eighth album, and their first for DGC/Geffen. The album was their major label debut, and with arena rock staples like "Kool Thing" and "Dirty Boots" deep in its grooves, it allowed Sonic Youth to enter the mainstream world, destroy everything in their path, and emerge victorious, riding the top 10 charts to sonic stardom and glory"

so happy they were...with this "kool thing".

Call me a puss but this was my first remembered exposure to Sonic Youth. I heard Kool Thing on WBRU in Rhode Island in 1990 and that's what opened the door for me. Fond memories and I recall EXACTLY where I was at that moment. Going down Thames St. in Newport right by DryDock Seafood !

In ways Goo and Dirty are pretty straight forward rockers for SY, but they're just as loved by me as their other albums. Of course I have the Deluxe editions of both and have listened to the extra's more than the origininal discs the past couple of years. They're indispensable to me. I'll just have to revisit both original albums this evening, thanks for the thread.

reginald is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|