View Single Post
Old 06.22.2006, 08:38 PM   #83
habibtheantiamericanbitch
bad moon rising

habibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard sucka
i remember seeing them in 1998 and initially being disappointed in hearing only new stuff, save Death Valley.....but as i left, and before i even got to my car, all i could think about was how wonderful it actually was. i got it. here's a band with hundreds of songs to play and absolutely nothing to prove to their fans and they just ran with it. Sonic Youth is a band that you actually look forward to hearing new live stuff from. you know them, you love them, you respect them as artists, and you have many or all of their records. You know they aren't making this stuff to hit the Billboard charts or sell a million records (notice they haven't released a proper single since Little Trouble Girl). They're quite familiar with their backlog and treat us to a few every now and then, but wish to remain in the now. i'll be content to never hear the 'singles' again (Bull, Kool, etc). Not too many people attend a SY show to hear a song that a 'cutting edge' station played twice a day or MTV played once a month. Their true fans want to hear what they have been up to since the last time they came around. Do you go into a new David Lynch film looking for a bunch of references to Blue Velvet or Eraserhead???? NO. it's the style you crave. you want new material from the genius style you're used to. But SY seldom ever gives you 'Straight Story', which is in and of itself gorgeous, but not what you really wanted. They deliver the goods, no matter what they play. i think last couple tours they were trying to appeal to too many fans and potential fans. but then, each set was usually 2 hours and fukkin fierce! also remember, they're breaking in a new semi-member AND judging by the recent Oklahoma gig, they are breaking out more oldies. at least 6 non-RR songs on that one!!

just respect yr Sonic Noize Boyz and Grrl. They've been around for a quarter century.........

...............but if i have to hear Eric's Trip live for the 8th fukkkkking time, i'm gonna shit a slinky.........
habibtheantiamericanbitch is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|