View Single Post
Old 04.29.2007, 04:19 PM   #17
sonikjuice
little trouble girl

sonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air
Yeah, I saw R.E.M. play in '95, purely because Sonic Youth were opening, and I was disgusted to see them being carried through their set by sidemen. They were just in their '30s though, and it wasn't helping them particularly. If I can be half as energetic on stage when I'm Kim's age, I'll be incredibly happy.

I definitely liked it better when the extra person was Jim 'O Rourke as a full 5th member, but Jim wanted to leave. The band is making do with the deck they've been handed, and they're still putting on awesome shows.

Can you explain this a little more? I've never heard of or seen them using musicians off stage. (I'm assuming that you're talking about Sonic Youth, not REM)
sonikjuice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|