View Single Post
Old 08.12.2013, 03:11 AM   #18
sirki
bad moon rising

sirki kicks all y'all's assessirki kicks all y'all's assessirki kicks all y'all's assessirki kicks all y'all's assessirki kicks all y'all's assessirki kicks all y'all's assessirki kicks all y'all's assessirki kicks all y'all's assessirki kicks all y'all's assessirki kicks all y'all's assessirki kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelocia
Before I made my account, I had been lurking here for a few months. I guess that even though I've been here for a year and five months, that still makes me count as a newbie. Which is fine, I don't have a problem with that. Even though online forums in general have become irrelevant to the world of the internets, I really am glad that this one is still fairly active. Especially since the band is not right now. I have very few friends who understand my passion for Sonic Youth so I very much enjoy at least lurking around, which I do a lot more of than posting. But I'll try to post more often.

Kinda strange, but I feel exactly the same. I've been here for almost 2 years (I think), but I've been lurking most of the time, reading the posts/news.
This is a wonderfull place to experience Sonic Youth (my nr. 1 band, which should be no surprise ) and all their related projects. I will also try to post more often, because it would be a shame if this forum dissappears in the future ...

BTW, I finally got to listen to the concert today. It's a great recording of a superb gig. I saw Lee & band twice: in 2012 with version 1 of the band and a few months back (version 2).
Both were great gigs, but I felt that the 2nd one was more confident, balanced and powerfull ... maybe the fact that there were some new songs in the setlist added to that feeling.
I think this recording captures the band in this 'mood' perfectly for me ... and it makes me looking forward to the new record even more
sirki is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|