View Single Post
Old 06.02.2015, 12:09 AM   #46792
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I love On The Road. Love it. Read it at the perfect age. Changed me.

But in all honesty, it's defies just about every literary rule in the book, and the end result is, believe it or not, difficult for a lot of people to get through.

If you can read On the Road, or Naked Lunch, then I'm pretty sure you could read the comparatively simple Our Band Could Be Your Life. Honestly. It's not the least bit challenging. It just tells some stories. Maybe some day give it a shot, and see how it goes. It's a chapter by chapter book, so you could just check out the Sonic Youth chapter, or the Minutemen chapter, and see how you do.
Severian, On the Road & Naked Lunch are translated into Finnish! If I tried them English, I think I would have to go to the mental institution But yes, I will watch does our town´s library have that book & try to read at least SY-chapter (really hope they will translate some book about SY)
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|