View Single Post
Old 06.02.2015, 12:01 AM   #46791
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
there's some neuroscience demonstration that a native speaker hears words first and music second whereas furrners hear music first. it's how the brain gets wired. i mention this often because it explains a lot about how certain great artists are either unexportable or greatly diminished outside their contexts.

for me nirvana was first and foremost about the drums. true story.

same as the police, btw. i couldn't give 2 shits about sting's pointless meowing but stewart copeland hell yeah.
Very interesting theory! But like Evollove, itīs hard to me hear even Finnish lyrics. I have to have written lyrics with me when I am listening, thatīs the only way to me understand them. And always music has been much more important than lyrics to me. Also there has been any language that I canīt listen.

About Dylanīs voice, itīs very funny, but now I love his voice. I think itīs really meditative, last night I finally listened Freewheelin`, even my restless children & their cousins who are spending now some time with us calm down.

About Wipers, Meat Puppets, Saccharine Trust & Black Flag. I really love Wipers & Meat Puppets! Wipers reminds me - SY! Like Cobain and the many others and think theyīre also listened it a lot, although they not sounded like them in 1983 when Over the edge is made, but really sounded like them later. Meat Puppets reminds me Dead Moon that came later, at least vocals have something same. I think Meat Puppets have very little to do with hardcore, much more sixties/seventies stuff, but really in a great and genius way. Going to listen these both more!

With Meat Puppets there are mentioned also Gun Club & Violent Femmes. I have loved Gun Club already long time, Violent Femmes was in Finland I think end of eighties or begin of nineties. I listened some years after that gig some of their albums. I remembered them ok, but not great. Does somebody now them some stuff thatīs worth of listening?

Saccharine Trust was ok. First I think Surving You, Always is quite boring, really donīt like the vocalists at all, but in the middle of the album there happened something really interesting (they started jazzy/hippy jams). Also really props to them about great Doors cover, first I really have to think what cover this is!

I`ve got the right picture of Black Flag. Itīs really not my beef at all. If I want to listen same kind of music, I rather listen Bad Brains or Voivod (I think Voivod do heavish prog lot better than Black Flag trying to do it in Slip it in).
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|