View Single Post
Old 06.01.2015, 03:06 PM   #46785
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
All this made me want to hear Bob's sweeter voice, so I'm currently spinning New Morning, which I haven't heard in maybe 15 years. It's so much better than I remembered. I don't think I hear a bad song. Maybe the younger me wasn't charmed by Bob clearly having fun.

Here's "Sign on the Window," and while I'll never confuse him with Ray Charles, there's nothing wrong with this "soul" vocal performance and so much that's right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKZeyeTeAbE

...Damn, this is a good record. "Day of the Locusts," "Went to see the Gypsy," the charming waltz "Winterlude," other surprises.

And I think it does take age and maturity to see the beauty in lines I once considered trite.

"So happy just to see you smile, underneath the sky of blue, on this new morning, with you."

Hell yeah. I mean, what else is there? It takes guts and genius to pull off a line like this. And Dylan does, therefore...
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|