View Single Post
Old 05.19.2017, 06:23 PM   #25
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
damn, I just read that the Singles soundtrack album is coming out tomorrow. It's got a whole second disc of rare and unreleased stuff from Chris Cornell, Mudhoney, Westerberg, even the Citizen Dick stuff...

From AllMusic:

Quote:
The 25th Anniversary Edition of Singles remasters the original album and adds a second disc filled with incidental music, outtakes, and other ephemera associated with the 1992 film. All the music that was heard in the film but didn't make it to the soundtrack is here: live performances from Alice in Chains and Soundgarden, plus Citizen Dick's Mudhoney send-up "Touch Me I'm Dick." Mudhoney themselves are here with a demo of "Overblown," which is paired with acoustic versions of Paul Westerberg's "Dyslexic Heart" and "Waiting for Somebody," both cut at the end of a scoring session. There are other elements from scoring sessions, too: a pair of unreleased numbers from Westerberg, Mike McCready doing a track of blues, and two sketches from Chris Cornell. The Soundgarden singer's Poncier EP -- so named after Matt Dillon's character in the film -- is presented almost in its entirety on the second disc ("Seasons" was on the proper album) and it has early versions of Soundgarden's "Spoon Man" and "Missing," plus "Flutter Girl," which would show up on his first solo album. Finally, Seattle bands Truly and Blood Circus -- both slated for Singles inclusion but cut at the last minute -- are here with the songs that would've made the cut if the cut weren't so cruel. Apart from the live material and maybe Poncier, nothing here is especially crucial, but nevertheless there's something about the wooly mess of acoustic instrumentals and grunge: it evokes how charming and ramshackle those early days of alt-rock were.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|