View Single Post
Old 10.14.2014, 02:56 PM   #30
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
Yeah, you´re right. R´N`R was started By Chuck Berry, Little Richard etc and Elvis sold it to the white audiences. And after that there were very little known non-white rock artists. .

I don't really agree, I think there was a lot of music being made by black people up to the 70s that counts as rock n roll, but is just called either funk or soul or whatever. I mean Sly and The Family Stone, Parliament and Funkadelic, James Brown, etc etc that was all small groups with guitars, bass, drums who toured and played live, and wrote and recorded their own music. Sure there were stylistic differences with what white musicians were doing but it was essentially still rock.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|