View Single Post
Old 11.19.2009, 05:34 PM   #5
replacements75
empty page

replacements75 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Sorry it has taken me so long to post something about this. I went to this event on Friday and it was pretty good all in all. The sound was good, the space was cool (it was on the High Line but on a section where it runs under a building so it was covered which was nice since it was raining and windy out), the film was awesome some terrific scenes of Berlin in the 20s (just about everything you could imagine in the city at the time seems to have been documented in some way) and Text of Light was amazing. Other than the screen needing to be a little bigger my only complaint would be that Text of Light seemed to be playing completely independent or indifferent to the fact the film was playing. I understand the improvised nature of their work but I thought it would have been more engaging to improvise while facing the film so that the performance could have played off of the scenes better. It appeared that the only relation that the two had to each other was that they started and stopped at roughly the same point. That's just my opinion, though my wife made the same observation.

Other than that I really enjoyed both the film and the performance.
replacements75 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|