View Single Post
Old 08.06.2017, 10:30 AM   #32
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
I still can't figure why you brought black guys dying from police into the discussion...but I can move along.....BDS is essential

Can't figure why I brought it up?

K.

Well, I brought it up to make a point: Extremely fucked up things are happening in this country too. That doesn't mean I'm pro-Israel. I was just responding to Toilet & Bowels' anecdotal comment. The point was not "black people are oppressed so suppprt Israel," it was: OK, let's get serious. Let's boycot every nation that excuses ethnic cleansing of any kind. Let's not forget, when wagging our big fat sausages at Radiohead, that this is a global problem. The problem is not simply Israel-Palestine, the problem is tyranny and government-sanctioned violence against human beings.

I brought it up to illustrate that there's plenty to boycott right here in the western world, where these artists are rocking the festival circuit without ever thinking of not doing so.
I'm all for boycotting an oppressive regime. But this was a conversation about Radiohead, and whether or not they did the right thing, and Radiohead was not supporting Israeli soldiers by playing Tel Aviv. They were supporting Radiohead fans. There is a difference between a government/regime and its people ... there'd better be anyway, or I am going to Hell.
Like Louder said, Roger Waters didn't say a word about Guns n Roses playing the same place a week later.
I'm not criticizing the boycot; I'm criticizing the double standard. I'm criticizing the wasted opportunity of using all that talking head headline space to Bitch about Thom Yorke instead of, I don't know, spreading information about the fucking cause? I mean, that's why he's involved, right? To spread information and get people involved, as you said?
Well.... shit job, Rog. You made it look like this was about "social justice warriors" bickering online. That's how anyone who wasn't already invested in the issue would read this tabloid fuckaround.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|