View Single Post
Old 01.08.2013, 11:05 PM   #13
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
The "Disconnection Notice" bridge is Kim using her Microsynth and a volume pedal. At least according to my tab, I don't really remember except that it sounded great live...

Thurston says he uses the Blue Box in Guitar Player February 1989. The Mutron Phase Shifter is also listed in the Gear Guide for 1994, per GP July '94.

Interesting about the microsynth, i've never tried that unit... There's a good amount of feedback going on which makes me think there might be another drive pedal used there? as well as the volume pedal for those swells...

Oops missed the mutron phasor being listed, its defintely the phasor II in that vid w/ surgal.

Odd and interesting about the blue box, don't really hear it but who knows with all that noise that can happen especially in a live situation. In regards to 1989, i just was watching the night music video again (watched it many times!) where they play silver rocket, and its the first time i caught a black box near thurston's and kim's amps, you can see thurston's guitar cable run to it, and he appears to hit the footswitch with his hands near the end of that noise breakdown in the middle of the song, where he slams the headstock to the floor and leans his guitar body near the speaker cab and partially retunes. It defintely looks like a proco rat or the turbo rat to me, which debunks my theory of thurston not using any pedals prior to Goo... But confirms what i've read in other guitar gear forums of what some people saw live on stage during that era.

Thurston use any drive pedals during sister era?

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|