View Single Post
Old 12.12.2012, 11:43 PM   #26
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
NYCG+F has stayed in my head for a decade, even though I have rarely played it over that time. It is possibly the closest thing they ever did to a "concept album". (I accept that term makes many groan.) I remember being pissed at first....a dorky little 8 song 42min thing. (Is my memory good?) But the motherfucker grew on me real fast and has haunted me ever since. I just love the way it flows and adheres. I love that there are 4 Thurston songs and 3 Kim songs and 1 Lee (epic) song. The short songs here are brilliant too, not just throwaways or interludes. There is no fuckin Plastic Sun here. Following Washing Machine and A Thousand Leaves, two gigantic motherfuckers, it's brevity and subtlety may have been a shock to many, as it was to me at first. But this little album created waves for me which still ripple. I'm rather ripped by it.