View Single Post
Old 08.14.2008, 02:02 PM   #40
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Bumped! - On Cantanky's recommendation, I watched "Dig!" last night, and loved it. It was the first time I'd ever heard a single note by the Brian Jonestown Massacre, and loved their sound immediately. I got hold of "Satanic Majesties Second Request" today, and have just finished listening to it - a very, very fine album that it too - psychadelic, but also very much modern sounding (quite a big Spacemen 3 influence in places, I feel).

So what's everyone's current fave BJM album or tune right now, then?

EDIT - for UK boardies, looks like the BJM are hitting our shores in Sept (info from their official site):

9/20/2008 : the dillon : reykjavík,, iceland [ kiss and tell festival w/ sunsplit, sketches for albinos, kid twist and more!]
9/23/2008 : the chameleon : nottingham, uk [ the quarter after]
9/24/2008 : the shakespeare : sheffield, uk [ the quarter after]
9/25/2008 : the labour club : northampton, uk [ the quarter after]
9/26/2008 : the brickyard : carlisle, uk [ the quarter after ]
9/27/2008 : psychodalia at the fly : london, uk [ the quarter after]
9/29/2008 : pop in : paris, france [ the quarter after]
9/30/2008 : le cri de mouette : toulouse, france [ the quarter after]
10/11/2008 : fat cats cafe bar : stoke on trent, uk [ the quarter after]
10/17/2008 : the sidebar : baltimore, usa [ reaction! ]