View Single Post
Old 05.28.2008, 01:41 AM   #2023
Green Magnesium
100%

Green Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
The Golden Compass

This monstrosity pooed all over the fantastic novel. I hadn't even planned to watch it but the precious youngsters of my family insisted we rent it last weekend when I babysat. I certainly didn't mind some changes in the narrative... changes are usually necessary... but the film was just fucking stupid. I just loooved the little bit of narration at the start, ripped straight from Fellowship of the Ring, that helped dumb things down for the kiddies and their impatient parents. Nicole Kidman was surprisingly good but I think she may have been the ONLY good thing about this turd.

It sucked all of the magic and tension out of the book. I deliberately attempted to fall asleep toward the end so I didn't have to watch anymore.

I love my sister's kids... and I had to do my best at smiling when they hopped all over me and gushed about how amazing the film was.
Green Magnesium is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|