View Single Post
Old 08.29.2009, 03:05 PM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
what is yr musical relationship with yr parents?

Do they understand yr musical tastes? Do they tolerate it? Do they enjoy it? Do you share musical tastes and collection with yr parents?

With my pops we have the opposite relationship. Most people my age get introduced to bad as 1970s music from their parents, but with me, I am the one trapped in the 1970s from Hendrix to Sabbath, the Dead to Jacob Miller..
He is the one who introduces me to contemporary and new bands, since I was like 10 years old! We have a natural similarity in tastes, though he listens to a lot of shit I think is crap, and he thinks I am caught up in reggae and jam band music..

BUT, we always meet half-way. Recently it was the Dead Weather. I never heard of them until he sent me the disk. They are my favorite new band.. He sends me discs every couple of months and it is my only outlet into contemporary or new music.. too me all these bands you people talk about is a foreign language, babel, gibberish!

with my mom, I don't even know what she likes.. The last band she was seriously into was Bon Jovi and before that it was Journey.. I grew up on Journey.. she is one of those listen to the top40 radio and never knew who anybody is kinda of people.

how about yr parents?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|