View Single Post
Old 08.01.2013, 12:04 PM   #2
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I love the hubris behind Manning and Snowden. These guys wanted to be the next Deep Throat, but instead of going throw lawyers, legislators, and legitimate news media, they went through shady, self-aggrandizing snake-oil salesmen. Look, I support whistle-blowing, but dude, be smart about it. What did guys like Manning and Snowden think was going to happen? The US EXECUTES people who steal and leak secrets. I don't agree with that in the slightest, but its the calculated risk you take when you play that game. When I hear these dudes talking about "civic duty to protect democratic process" as a bunch of shit. Dudes thought they'd get famous, now they did, but infamous instead. I sympathize with their situation, but I don't feel sorry for them. It is what it is, but I'm never surprised when the US police-state shows its fangs, and am always surprised how caught up so many Americans are with jingoism to have naively ever believed there was anything but the police-state in the first place!

Besides of which, the worst part, all that leaked information and what did it change? What did it stop? How many Americans actually gave a fuck?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|