View Single Post
Old 05.02.2014, 03:54 AM   #26
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I read every interview and YES.

Lee will not be definitive, deflecting the topic by discussing the back catalog of recordings live and in studio.

No one seems to ever interview Steve.

and Thurston avoids the topic like the plague.

Thurston has said everything he needs to say, which is by far more than he should be expected to say. I mean, what more is there to say? He made a common mistake most adults find themselves dealing with at some point. I think he's handled it rather well from what I can gather. I find it confusing (as well as amusing) that some fans feel as if they are owed more than what they've been given. You'd think 30 years of music and touring would be enough, but no! They need the inside scoop on situations they themselves have likely been involved in, and certainly many of their parents. PEOPLE CHEAT! Is it ok, no. But they do. People also steal and fart in public spaces. Sex is human nature. Human nature offers both good and bad sides. Or sides that offer more in the way of learning experiences, as I tend to prefer to view it. Moping and years of regret gets no one anywhere.

And as should be obvious, the members of SY were rather bored with the band for some time. I'm more interested in watching how their individual projects evolve than I am witnessing another "Rather Ripped" or "Eternal" (which in all fairness wasn't awful...but all things considered wasn't one of their strongest efforts by a long shot). I only feel bad for younger people and those who were never given the chance to see them. They always put on an amazing show.

I'm hard pressed to believe that there will never be another show, however. Even though I hardly care. They were a hard working band for a long time. Kim and Thurston's relationship lasted far longer than most. I'm sure they are both enjoying themselves now in ways neither have been able to in a long time. If not, they should be.

And no doubt there will be future releases. Too much unreleased recorded material for there to not be.