View Single Post
Old 10.23.2007, 04:41 AM   #4
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
For Schizophrenia, my guess is that it comes from We Can Build You :

The hero/narrator works in a company building organs; then they decide to create androids that would look, think and talk just like Amercian History Figures; they thus bring to life Lincoln and one of his aides, who get big jobs in the company...
The link to the song : the hero/narrator is fascinated by his partner's daughter (not sister, still...); she spent some time in an institution for her schizophrenia and, if memory serves me, she really enjoys scaring him by some remarks.

I remember reading in a paper - real paper, no internet - that Lee mentioned Radio Free Albemuth as an influence.
On that one, a guy perceives messages coming from he can't tell where. I don't remember that one much. Could be an influence on Stereo Sanctity, but don't take my word for it.

PCH came after the reading of James Ellroy - Silent Terror I presume.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|