View Single Post
Old 12.04.2012, 06:38 PM   #2223
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
The Europa League is a joke... none of the English, Spanish, German or Italian teams could really give a fuck about it because there's zero money to be made.

Even some Dutch teams are now starting to throw away EL-games and admit openly that it's hardly a priority for them because they want to concentrate on the national league to try and grab one of the two CL tickets... that's were the money is. I don't kow the exact figures, but in the case of Ajax for instance I'd be willing to bet that just the CL starting bonus from UEFA and the money earned from the television rights gives them a higher profit than wining the fucking Europaleague would... even if they had finished last in their group.
When a small league like the Dutch one is more important than the Europa League, then that says it all really... and recently that cunt Michel Twatini suggested to get rid of the EL altogether and expand the CL to 64 teams? Fuck off! The expansion of the Champions League has greatly devaluated the EL (and UEFA Cup before that) and killed off most of my entertainment in watching the CL games in the group stages. Every year I have to check again what country BATE Barisov and Nordsjaelland are from... no offense, but who gives a fuck, really? It doesn't get exciting until the knock-out phase and I hardly even watch it anymore before February.

/rant.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|