View Single Post
Old 07.02.2013, 10:40 AM   #3333
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadcapLaughs
i was thinking about this "accustomed to the heat" thing. most of the brazilian players in the starting 11 play over in Europe (baring Neymar and Fred (hmm, oddly the ones who score, never mind that!). do you think since they grew up playing in brazil this stays with them because a lot of the players play in england, spain (barcelona and madrid are cold as fuck in the winter!), and even russia (hulk!). I'm just wondering if thats a real advantage for such an international team.

i think ultimately it's probably more psychological than anything else though there might be some pphysiological adaptations (as it happens with altitude). i know for a fact the european cold can be quite atrocious for a lot of south americans (so you'll see them wearing gloves, etc.), but you know, everyone has to learn to suck it up and get used to it-- and so you have hulk playing for st petersburg. but the reverse doesn't always happen, i.e. european footballers don't often have to make a living in the tropics. well, some maybe do, but they probably don't play for their national teams anyway.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|