Thread: deerhunter...
View Single Post
Old 04.02.2008, 01:17 AM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
im wondering what people think of this band, i realize theyre gettin pretty big, but i honestly dont think ive heard anyone's opinion of them besides music critics...

i personally think theyre fuckin great. great mix of ambient atmospheres, shoegazing guitar tones, post punk rhtyms, bradford cox's eerie tortured vocals and lyrics. when i first heard cryptograms i liked them, but when the flourescent grey ep came out i was on the bandwagon. this band is probably one of the maybe three pitchfork nut hug bands that ive truly enjoyed in years. the atlas sound record is good as well. theyve caught a lotta flack for their blog and trying to draw attention to themselves and whatever, but that shit doesnt bother me at all, i just think it and bradford self professed "gay virgin art punk" personality gives them a sort of weirdo factor thats missing from a lot of medium big indie bands. and fuck all that, i like how their music sounds.

so, what do people think of this band?

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|