View Single Post
Old 03.11.2018, 06:20 PM   #22264
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Reservoir Dogs is problematic for many reasons. I’m with you there.

I tend to think of myself as an appreciator of Tarantino, but not, like a Tarantino *fan* per se. Not anymore.

For me, he had a corner on the market of breakout indie crime stuff until about ‘97 when the Coens released Fargo. And Fargo is better than any Tarantino movie. And while Tarantino is, as you said, firmly sticking to his schtick, the Coens have expanded — No Country for Old Men over here, Burn After Reading and Hail Caesar over there. Heck, I might even say David O. Russel has proven to be more adept at repurposing Scorsese than Tarantino has.

That said, I can’t thjnk of any of his movies that I don’t like. And when another one comes out (Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio are starting in a new one about a murder in Hollywood in the 1950s or something), I’ll wait for it and it’ll be a big deal when I see it.

I don’t know. You’re probably right about him, but I’m just so totally *of* that generation. And Kill Bill was so much fun for me. Really got me back into him actually.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|