View Single Post
Old 08.09.2007, 07:50 AM   #19
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
October 30 release?

http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/

"I'm Not There" Soundtrack Revealed? Vedder, Jeff Tweedy, Sufjan and Karen O

Wow, just a day after we predicted the soundtrack to the Bob Dylan biopic, "I'm Not There" would likely be a double-disc endeavor, word comes through, that is essentially the case.

Well, at least according to a post on a Pearl Jam forum, that claims the soundtrack is slated for an October 30 release and the 34-track disc will feature Dylan covers performed by Eddie Vedder, Wilco's Jeff Tweedy, Sufjan Stevens, The Yeah, Yeah Yeah's Karen O, Cat Power, Yo La Tengo, Willie Nelson, Iron & Wine, Stephen Malkmus, The Hold Steady and Jack Johnson.

Proof? None other than the aforementioned post, but a publicist for Wilco did confirm to us that Tweedy did in fact record a song for the soundtrack, so this is further likelyhood that this news is true and our favorite inside source confirmed to us that the disc is coming out October 30 on Sony, but also notes that the tracklist is not finalized. A spokesperson for Sub Pop also confirmed that Iron & Wine is on the disc. Plus the cast of characters is not off the mark from what's already been reported (Cat Power, The Hold Steady, Yo La Tengo, Willie Nelson, Stephen Malkmus). Presumably the other 24 tracks (if the aforementioned artists record one cover each) will include previously mentioned "I'm Not There" musical contributors, My Morning Jacket, Sonic Youth, The Frames and many more (though you'll remember we reported that YLT recorded two Dylan songs).

Vedder for one has been busy this summer, he's also recorded a slew of original songs for the Sean Penn film, "Into The Wild," which is due in September. Vedder also has a cameo in Judd Apatow's new fake music biopic, "Walk Hard - The Story of Dewey Cox." More details here.

Actor Ben Wishaw (who played Keith Richards in the lame Brian Jones biopic "Stoned") recently spoke about his lesser-known role as one of the Dylan's to the London Paper. "I play him in about 1965-66 and I’m dressed up like the poet Arthur Rimbaud, who Dylan was reading a lot at that time," Winshaw said. "Every person that plays Bob is another little fragment of his personality or persona – that’s the idea anyway. I was done and dusted in a week so I didn’t really get to meet all of the other Bobs. I’m intrigued as to what the film will be like."

Director Todd Hayne's "I'm Not There" hits theaters in limited release on November 21.
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|