View Single Post
Old 06.17.2015, 09:13 PM   #1035
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

point me to one solid non-repugnant track. one single whif of a non-chanchred-dick smell. just one.

I already have, sir. I shall point you to more:

"Everything I am" (Please listen to this and tell me what about it is offensive.)
"Diamonds of Sierra Leone" (Not the remix, the album version)
"Champion"
"Jesus Walks"
"Can't tell me nothin" (Check it! Humility!)
"Good Morning"
"Who Will Survive in America"
"So appalled"
"See Me Now"
"Gorgeous"
"Hey Mama"
"Big Brother"
"Roses"
"My Way Home"
"Crack Music"
"New Day"
"Murder to Excellence"
"Made in America"

Seriously, man. All you have to do is pick some random songs and really listen, and you'll realize that what you hate about Kanye is present in hip-hop as a whole, and that Kanye is-- surprisingly -- less lyrically "repugnant" than most artists in the genre. This attitude and these lyrics makes up a very small, almost trivial piece of what Kanye West is... and what he represents.

I'm sorry but Kanye is not in any way an exceptionally offensive lyricist. And it's important to remember that he is a black man who grew up in the 80's and 90's in Chicago. He was not rich. He struggled. He's seen violence, and he's been a victim of racism, and he, like most rappers, uses his music to express his strength, and yeah there's some machismo bullshit involved in that, but ... like He says in "Can't Tell me Nothin"... "I guess I should have forgotten where I came from."
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|