View Single Post
Old 01.12.2017, 12:13 PM   #23
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
this is such stupid shit.

Lemme go ahead and clarify (to these other folks) ... what you're saying, clearly, that what guest is saying is stupid shit. Don't wanna put words in your mouth, but I'm pretty sure you think what I'm saying is awesome. Right? Right. Ok it's settled then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
NIN has some great stuff. Downward Spiral is one of my fav albums ever. SY is my fav band ever. I don't care if someone thinks that they'd look down at me for liking NIN. I really thought everyone on this board was old enough to know that none of this shit matters.

This kind of thing is always in the air, man. I don't think it really has much to do with age. Maybe maturity to some extent, but really I think it's about manners.

Point being, if you hate music that someone else likes, you can say something disparaging and insulting about it, or you say something that gets your point across without being antagonistic ["I've never really cared for that myself, but ... (something neutral and conversational, like) it's cool that they're doing a high quality vinyl reissue! (Or whatever)] or you don't say anything.

Either way, it's a decision. You might make different decisions based on different company, but ... well, I can't really see the value in just being a dick and that's it. Not because you have to, but because you choose to.

But yeah, I kinda feel like with all the different music we listen to here, it's pretty silly to insult someone's musical preferences, since it's likely (probable) that we all listen to something that others think is utter crap. Shrug. Dumb shit, for sure.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|