View Single Post
Old 09.09.2017, 09:40 PM   #749
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
I actually don't mind Lil Uzi. He failed to make another song on the same level as "XO Tour Life" aka "trap artist meets mallpunk era Avril Lavigne", but that is a solid tune.

Those new artists in general and that includes Lil Uzi and Kodak Black, to be more specific, need to learn a thing or two about quality control. Dividing the amount of tracks on their recent projects by about half would've made them listenable. In 2017, I'm not trying to sit through an album of 16+ songs from any rapper except Kanye and Kendrick.

Yep, 4:44 is the most enjoyable, DAMN. is the best.

I like Uzi better than Yachti, but I still think the scene is dry as fuck. Migos are fools. The best rappers and most inventive artists in the hip-hop genre are all old hats at this point: Kanye, Danny Brown, Kendrick Push, Frank, Hov... but we've been over that.

I still think A$AP Rocky has a shot at long term success, but he needs to get inspired or something. ALLA was only half good. The good songs were really good but the meh ones were super meh.

I think Young Thug's time is just about over. Which is silly.

Rap needs to evolve. The newer scenes and styles aren't very compelling. A wake up call is needed for the younger folks, says I.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|